Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Corner View~School

Alright, I know most of you folks out there are going to write about how school used to be, and all your old school stories. I'm only 11, so I'm still going to school! So I will write about my school at the moment.

Now, if you follow my blog, you will probably know that I home school. I have an awesome new teacher named Miss Yvonne. She's really nice, and she really lets us have a say in what we work on, how we work, and what kinds of projects we do. I do math on www.ixl.com. It's really fun! My dad teaches history, and he's great at it. Instead of teaching us about the boring, gory stuff, and making us memorize dates, he teaches us about the spiritual and really interesting stuff like Gandhi, Buddha, and Gurdjief.

I love home-schooling and will probably do it next year as well!

P.S. My mom's taking over corner view for some time while Jane's away!

4 comments:

  1. I left school a long time ago, but I remember I enjoyed learning... like you do!

    And lucky you... you have a great teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great little student...of many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's neat that your dad teaches your history lessons ~ at least he knows what would interest you so it doesn't have to be boring. I happen to love history, however.

    I'm sure you'll do well this school year.
    Happy Days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also still in school, but public. I'm happy to read that you like to learn. Oh, I'm a teacher and probably I like to teach because I deeply like to learn.
    Enjoy your school-time, dear.

    ReplyDelete